Why Buy A Puppy From My Golden Retriever Puppies?
At my Golden Retriever Puppies, we have only the highest quality puppies from small, loving breeders in Ohio. All our new furry potential members of your family are given tons of love and socialization and come with a 2-year genetic guarantee. Before you decide, you can come to visit your puppy in person where it was raised with its breeder, or we can even transport your puppy to anywhere in the continental United States at an affordable rate!
Don’t take our word for it! We have stellar reviews including TrustPilot, Google, Facebook, and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Genetic screened: parent(s) are screened for common genetic flaws common to Goldens
- OFA heart: parent(s) heart has been certified for health by the Orthopedic Foundation of Animals.
- Hip/Elbows: parent(s) hips and/or elbows have been certified by the Orthopedic Foundation of Animals or Pennhip
- ENS: The puppy has received Early Neurological Stimulation
Here’s a great way to do so:
- Find a puppy that you’re interested in on the website and contact the breeder listed with the puppy for any questions you might have.
- If you would like to have the puppy held for you, make a deposit online. (Skip to # 5 if you want to arrange puppy travel)
- If you want to see a puppy in-person, make an appointment with the breeder by calling the breeder from the puppy’s page. You are certainly welcome to select your puppy this way without a deposit, but please note that availability may change on a daily basis.
- If you come and see the puppy, make your purchase and take the puppy home if the puppy is 8 weeks old or older. (Skip to #6, unless you need to arrange travel for your pup.)
- Connect with us and we will get the right information to deliver the puppy to you and set up the exact date and time.
- Enjoy the new puppy that you have adopted into your family. If you have any questions, please reach out to the breeder for help!
How much is a Golden Retriever puppy, and why do the prices on the website vary?
The price depends on the credentials of the parents and the number of puppies available at the time.
- $1295 – $1,795
Puppies come with a 2-year genetic health Guarantee, *may* have ENS training, are family-raised, are up-to-date on deworming and vaccinations, and have a vet check prior to being adopted.
- $1,795 to $2,495
Everything listed above as well as one or both of the parents having OFA certifications AND/OR genetic clearances
Scheduling a visit to meet one of our golden retriever puppies is incredibly simple—all you need to do is call the number listed with your favorite puppy, and we’ll be happy to accommodate you!
This allows you to set up an appointment that fits both your schedule and that of our breeders.
We are a small group of select breeders and, while not all the pups are at one location, they’re within easy driving distance of each other.
Our golden retriever puppies are all raised by families in the Northeast Ohio area, conveniently located about an hour and a half from both Cleveland and Columbus.
This makes it easy to come visit our puppies and spend time playing with them in a home environment.
How can I get puppy travel arranged if I am out of state?
Even if you live far away from Ohio, it’s still possible to get one of our healthy, family-ready golden retriever puppies to join your family!
A little-known fact about golden retriever puppies is that they actually do very well with travel.
In fact, we’ve placed our puppies in almost every state, providing them with a positive travel experience so they can arrive safely and happily at your home.
Check out our puppy travel page here to find out more about how we go the extra mile.
How do you raise your dogs?
When buying a golden retriever puppy, the people who bred and raised them can have a big impact on the health and sociability of the dog!
Because of this, we are dedicated to choosing caring, dedicated golden retriever breeders in Ohio who will get your pup started on the right track.
Our small network of breeders in Ohio all are dedicated to the same principles. This starts by providing carefully-planned breedings to ensure the best pedigree for our pups.
They raise healthy, socialized pups that can make a smooth transition to a new home.
(Most of our breeders actually have young children at home who help raise the puppies and play with them so they can become socially adjusted.)
This also allows you to visit our breeders’ homes, so you can interact with the puppies yourself and find the right fit for your home.
How do I leave a review of my Golden Retriever experience?
If you would like to leave a review, we are on Google, Facebook, BBB, Trustpilot or Yelp.
- Google review: Click here
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/mygoldenretrieverpuppies/reviews/
- Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/millersburg/profile/dog-breeders/my-golden-retriever-puppies-0282-92016363/customer-reviews
- Truspilot: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/mygoldenretrieverpuppies.com
- Yelp: Go to https://yelp.com and search “My Golden Retriever Puppies”
When are your puppies available?
While we are a small group of highly select breeders, we try to plan to have puppies available year-round. Our site is updated daily so feel free to keep checking back.
If you see a puppy that you might be interested in, click on it for more information, extra photos, and contact information to talk directly with the breeder about any questions you might have or to schedule an appointment.
You can also make a deposit on the puppy’s page to hold it for you.
Do Golden Retrievers shed a lot?
Goldens have a long, beautiful, and thick coat and tend to shed more in the Spring and Autumn as the weather changes.
And although they tend to shed more than other dogs, there are a few tips to manage things and keep your house nice and clean.
Brush your dog regularly throughout the week, bathe them regularly, and feed them healthy, nutritious food, which keeps their hair follicles strong. (Stress can even contribute to how much your dog sheds too!)
Ultimately, the best way to reduce any shedding is to keep your best friend happy, healthy, and clean.
Do Golden Retrievers smell?
All dogs have some amount of “dog scent” and Golden retrievers are no exception.
They have very thick, double fur that’s designed to be water resistant and also have oils on their skin for swimming, which can give them their own smell.
But fortunately, it doesn’t mean they smell like skunks and you can easily combat most smells.
Regularly wash them to keep their fur and skin healthy, clean, and fresh. (Because of their thick coat, it’s often the dirt or bacteria caught inside that cause any strong smells.) Also, keep their bedding clean and regularly brush their teeth.
Also, the more active your dog, the more often you should wash them to keep them clean and healthy and prevent any odors from building.
Do Golden Retrievers bite?
Goldens are a very tender dog breed that rarely bite and are known to be friendly and caring with everyone they meet.
They’re also famous for their incredibly soft mouth grip — check out how they can actually hold a raw egg in their mouth and carry it around without breaking it?
Do Golden Retrievers bark a lot?
Golden retrievers are relatively quiet compared to other dogs and usually bark to show their loyalty to their owners. While they might bark at strangers, it’s only to let their owners know someone is approaching them.
If you do get a somewhat-anxious or bark-happy golden, you can easily train them so they only speak up when you want them to.
How do Golden Retrievers behave?
With neither an overly aggressive or timid temperament, their innate patience makes them a great match for kids of any age and families of any size.
They rarely cause trouble in the house (like tearing apart furniture or shoes), which is why they’re well-known as a great family dog.
How big do Golden Retrievers get?
- Males average 23 – 24 inches tall and weigh between 65 – 75 pounds.
- Females average 21.5 – 22.5 inches tall and weigh between 55 – 65 pounds.
Are Golden Retrievers easy to train?
Golden Retrievers are the fourth smartest dog breed around and are one of the most common breeds for therapy and guide dogs and even search-and-rescue teams.
With a history of hunting and retrieving game, Goldens listen to direction and are a great choice for those who want to teach a dog to do things other breeds can’t.
Are males or females better?
Fortunately, whether you pick a male or female, golden retrievers are equally loving, active, playful, loyal, and smart.
The only real differences are in appearance and maturity:
Males tend to be taller and heavier than females. Males also have broader heads, thicker “manes,” and longer coats while females have more narrow heads and noses.
Can I see the puppies you have available?
Absolutely! Click here to see all our available puppies.
I still have questions. How do I contact you?
No problem. Click here to visit our Contact page.